Last night Gabe, Jaxs and I went to our first Saturday night service! Tommy is doing a series on marriage, sex, and dating and even though we missed the first 30 minutes of church (cause I thought it started at 530) it was an awesome message. Gabe and I were excited that we have an opportunity to go on Saturday nights now, because he has to work 2-3 Sundays a month. If you don't have anywhere to go to church join us at Hillside Christian. Let me be honest, I did NOT want to go there because it is so huge, but the first time I went I was hooked. The music is amazing and the preaching is actually teaching. I absolutely love the kids program as well and know Jaxson will have lots of friends and fun going there...when he gets used to the nursery :~( he still cries when we leave him, but when we went for several Sunday's in a row he got lots better, then for one reason or another we missed about 3 weeks and its like we are back at square one. This week I start Beth Moore's new bible study on Tuesday nights so he will be in the nursery some of those nights too when Gabe can't keep him.
So I hope that helps too.
....Anyway, back to Sunday! So when Gabe is in Dumas on the weekend it makes for a REALLY long day. I would normally take Jaxs to church by myself....there is always several friends there (and his girlfriend Ava) but today was different! So we decided to go for a walk around what we call "walmart lake" which I discovered today is actually McDonald lake. When we got there I told him we were going to feed the ducks.....but there were none to be seen! so as we were walking he ways holding up his hand going "Guack Guack?" (thats quack quack in Jaxson-speak) then all of a sudden here they all come in droves....it was the coolest thing! They all flew in from all over and crashed into the water. Jaxson said "Whoa!" then we went down to the muddy lake side to feed them....well I fed them, every time I gave Jaxs a piece of bread to throw he ate it :~)


It was so nice and cool this morning, actually almost chilly, but I LOVED it. I love fall and can't wait for 60 degree weather all the time! After we fed the ducks we walked the rest of the way around the lake and stopped to wait for all the dogs to walk by. There is always a ton of dogs out there getting exercise with their owner and Jaxs LOVES dogs....instead of saying "arf, arf" today I actually got him to say "Dog". He has said lots of things today like "NO" "GO" "LET GO" and "pow pow pow pow pow" cause he got a Nerf gun yesterday that he is obsessed with.
I love weekends off, but I miss Gabe when he is gone, and so does Jaxs, he throws his hand up and says "Daddy?" So we send him pictures all day so he feels like he is with us. In this pic Jaxs is saying "Cheese" for daddy! 
No comments:
Post a Comment