Thursday, August 27, 2009

updates

Thank you all so much for your prayers, thoughts and well wishes for Jaxson on Tuesday. He did very well going into surgery but I think the versed wore off a little too soon because when he came out of recovery he was fit to be tied. Its hard to see him so upset like that and seeing the drugged look in his eyes, not knowing whats going on or who to go to! He bounced around from me to Gabe to Oma 3 or 4 times just crying and grabbing his ears. We finally got him home around 9 am and he was almost back to normal except for being tired. He took a 2 1/2 hr nap (we all did) and woke up same ol same ol. He has been doing well, except it seems he has more energy now and is even more stubborn if that is possible. He has had some yucky drainage out of that left ear, which is the one we always had a problem with, but other than that is doing very well. I do think he is still trying to catch up on his sleep....in fact I just put him to bed 30 minutes early cause I couldn't stand the whining any longer :~)
On to other news. Most of our family and close friends know so I figure I can share it with the world. Gabe and I are expecting a new little dozer next year in March. Of course I would like to have a girl but have enjoyed Jaxson so much I wouldn't bat an eye if it was another boy! It has been a very difficult first trimester. I had absolutely no problems with Jaxson, but with this one I am sick almost every day. I have lost about 5 pounds so far just from not eating, but on the good days I eat everything that sounds good! Gabe and I are very excited and nervous at the same time. We knew we were ready to try for another one, but didn't really expect it to happen the first try, if ya know what I mean. From what I remember from last time I think we will find out the sex of the baby in late October or November. Its crazy how different it is the second time around. How your belly starts pooching so much earlier and with the sickness, it has just been a totally different pregnancy. Of course everyone says it must be a girl, since they tend to suck the life out of you!! We will see! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can stop living off of crackers, ginger ale, peppermint gum and tums.....here's prayin!

No comments: