Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby Lo, LoLo, LoLina, Lauryn...

I can not believe my baby girl is 1 year old! The day I found out I was pregnant was July 23rd 2009. We had planned baby #2, but again, it happened sooner than we had expected. I remember the day we found out we were having a girl. I had prepared myself for another boy and I was fine if that was what the Lord gave us, but on November 4th 2009 on Gabe's Birthday, we found out it was going to be sugar and spice and everything nice. I think all the blood drained out of Gabe's face when she said "its a girl!" Later that night the Yankee's won their 27th World Series! What a great day!
I was Due March 30th so I talked Dr. Apple into letting me hold out for April...I mean what girl doesn't want a diamond for her birthstone! We knew I was going to have a repeat c-section and a tubal but she said I could actually go into Labor and then have the c-section when I arrived. As time got closer I got really anxious, as all of us do, and was scared Gabe would be on duty when I went into labor. Then at one of my last apts Dr. Apple told me she really doubted I would make it to April so we scheduled the c-section for March 23rd. We got to the hospital early that day ready to meet this wonderful girl who moved my whole tummy every time she moved. I should have known then she was going to be a firecracker! We soon would be a family of 4 and our family would be complete!It goes really fast when you are scheduled for a c-section, next thing I know Dr. Apple is telling me she is stuck in my ribs and she is going to have to vacuum suction her out....WHAT!!!??? But she finally got her without having to.... with the help of a few nurses pretty much standing on my chest trying to push her down. And then....ohh what a blessing she has been since that day! Lauryn has been a good baby since day one and she has been a heck of an eater since day one! She loves every kind of food we offer her! She has hit some milestones very quickly as well. She started sitting supported at 5 months, unsupported by 7 months, crawling as soon as she could sit up and pulled up to stand like 2 days later! She started cruising at 9 months and took her first steps at 11 months. Now she is trying to run...seriously! She has a pretty crazy brother to keep up with!


Right now Lauryn has 2 bottom teeth and is actively cutting 6 more, and let me tell you, this round has been hell! 102 temps and sleepless nights hasn't slowed her down too much. When she's not teething she is really a pretty good sleeper. Sometimes she wakes up to have a little chit-chat or sing a little song, but I just turn the monitor down and let her enjoy herself! She has always been into everything the minute she became mobile but walking we can't keep up with her! If I ever can't find her she is either A) in the bathroom playing in to toilet water or B) standing at the front door talking to the cats outside. She definitely is going to be my climber

She has the best demeanor, always happy and smiling....

Until you take something away! Then the Diva comes out! She really does have quite the attitude, but I love it! LoLo is a jabber jaws too. The words we understand right now are momma, dadda, oma, opa, poppa (for food) and bye bye. I have heard he say apple once and my mom says she says night night to Jax at nap time! When she really starts talking between her and Jax I think Gabe and I might go crazy!

Lauryn you are a blessing and the joy of my heart! I am so glad I have a precious little girl that has your sweet spirit and voracious attitude! I love you Princess!



No comments: