Monday, July 13, 2009

vacation, girlfriends, and tan lines

Last week I took vacation and stayed home with Jaxson all week. Everyday we were out and about doing something, going to the Library for story time, going to the pool, splash, jump 'n' jive, the zoo...you name it we did it! We were home to eat, bathe and sleep. We had a blast! The only problem...now I want a permanent vacation! You mommas that get to stay home, count your blessings! What a gift from God that is to be able to stay home with your babies and teach them and watch them discover new things every moment of the day! Now, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy some time away from Jaxson, but would prefer it be when I choose it to be! Oh, well. I am thankful for my job and my husbands job and the blessings God HAS given me!
A lot of you who know me and Jaxson know that he has a girlfriend, and has for several months...well maybe since he was born. Ava is about 3 months older than Jaxson and Lora and I always joke that they are boyfriend and girlfriend...here they are about 10 months ago:
Ava has always been sweet to Jaxson. Last week we took the kids to the pool (Lora and Melanie and I) and Jaxson and Ava were sitting on the side of the pool together splashing and having fun. I asked Jaxson for a Kiss and he bent down to give me one...then immediately reached over to Ava to give her one too! Ava just batted her eye lashes and patted Jaxson on the back. he tried again...determined to get his first kiss at the young age of 18 months, Ava just grabbed his hand. He looks at her, looks at me and tries 1 more time. She sweetly grabs his face and smiles. No kisses this time....Ava has morals! But they did share a snack together after swimming:
Dont they make a cute couple?! Jaxson loves to swim! He has such a blast splashing around in the water and kicking his feet! He loves the bath just as much! One of my favorite things every day is to watch him run to the bath tub....naked:

Gabe will kill me for posting that, but I have to say...his tan lines are the cutest I have EVER seen!

1 comment:

Libby said...

i love this post. that is adorable he has a girlfriend. aw