Gabe took off work monday and tuesday to take care of Jaxs so my mom wouldn't have him over night. As soon as I got to the Houston airport and to my gate on time I texted Gabe to let him know I was there and to call when he got a chance (I figured both the boys were taking a nap since it was about 9am) Gabe immediately calls me and says Jaxson has a fever of 100.6 and he is taking him to the doctor. I could hear Jaxson crying in the back ground so Gabe couldn't really talk. I hung up and called my mom who thought Jaxson's temp was 106 so she was freaking out, which I think kinda freaked Gabe out too. Thank goodness while I was in the air mom was available to tell Gabe everything he needed to do. So they went to the doctor and she found nothing wrong and Gabe started to think that maybe he had over-reacted...that is until about 4 that afternoon when his fever jumped up to 102. He gave him motrin, put him in a luke warm bath and left just his diaper on....I was so proud of my man. He did such a good job taking care of Jaxson while I was out of town. My heart was just breaking that I was away the first time Jaxson ever ran a fever. But it is so nice to know he has such an awesome dad who took EXCELLENT care of him. So that night before bed Gabe was scared he would run a fever during the night and didn't know what pj's to put on him....so I get this text of this pic with Jaxson in some familiar looking jammers with no sleeves. Thats right ladies and gentlemen, he cut the sleeves off...
(Jaxson ran a fever for about 3 days with 102 being the highest and now he is doing well, probley just a virus.)
Daddy also came up with a new way to give Jaxs a bath...I had considered this but never done it:
I also have some pics from Gym class so you guys can see what we do:
climbing the rock wall
climbing up the slope...favorite this is going back down!jumping on the trampoline
jumping on the trampoline with mom bouncing him
Well now you are all up-to-date. I had the best trip as far as flights go this time and every single flight I had landed early, which is a first for me since we are usually running to catch the next plane. It was so fast and crazy, but I was so glad to get back to the two most wonderful boys I know!
No comments:
Post a Comment