Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Chronicles of Jaxson

I have decided I have the most stubborn child on the face of the earth. Since Jaxson was about 6 months old I have been working with him to drink from a Sippie cup. He would maybe pick it up, occasionally put it in his mouth, but never take a sip. So finally I decided I would just be mean and make him do it, whether he drank all day or not it was going to be from a Sippie cup. This is how it works with him...its all or nothing and he has to learn the hard way...just like it was trying to get him to take naps; it totally stunk for a week but now he goes down without a mere whimper. So anyway we went to Walmart and picked out the ONLY sippie cup in the USA that I don't already own (honestly I have tried them all!) and I bought one for home and one for Oma's. (this cup is the Nuby 3 stage Sippie, it starts as a spill proof nipple, then changes to the sippie spout, and then to a straw if you want) I also got fun juice...not baby juice, to see if that would entice his taste buds. So we get home for dinner and I pour some juice in his sippie and he is very excited.....but never drinks from it. Then I decide to put his milk in it for bedtime. He threw a fit like I have never seen and actually threw himself out of my lap, plopped down on the floor and fell back and hit his head. Poor baby. So momma put the milk in the trusty bottle and off to sleep he went. So today I took the new sippie to mom's house and tell her this is it....NO MORE BOTTLE. His first bottle took him about 3 hours to finish, 2nd bottle went much better and then Viola....bedtime bottle he was holding it, looking at it, putting it in and out of his mouth, and drank the whole thing! (Only took about an hour, but hey I am NOT complaining) So all the bottles are in the top of the cabinet and we are DONE with them until the next one comes along! YEAH

P.S. in response to some comments on the INKED blog...no I don't have a tattoo and don't know for sure if I will ever get one or not!

2 comments:

Melanie Lyons said...

Yay way to go Jaxs!

The Bonjour Four said...

yay! i found one that noah will drink out of. Thankfully i only had to buy two! He sounds like a stubborn child. ha