I had the privilege of going to Boston this last weekend for a business trip and I have to say, other than leaving my family for 3 days it was one of the best trips I have been on. Boston is an absolutely beautiful town and it is so rich with history. I love learning about things that happened hundreds of years ago and then walking to the place it happened! We took a 2 hour tour guide through the city and saw several things...the Boston commons where witches were drown and where people were hung for passing gas in church, the grave yard that held the casualties of the Boston Massacre, the tomb of Samuel Adams, John Hancock and Ben Franklin's parents, old amazing churches that are still active congregations and so much more. This trip made me really think about legacy. These people in history made such an impact on our world today and they didn't even know they were doing it! They were just trying to do what they thought was right at the time...whether it be killing innocent people, or making a historic anti-slavery speech that would later get them beat to death. We all leave a legacy behind whether it be good or bad. What kind of legacy do I want to leave behind for my son? What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind? Do you want to be known as the complainer, or the complimenter? the one who held a grudge or the the one who always forgave? the one who put herself first, or who always put the needs and feeling of others first. I know I want my family to be proud of who I am and especially my son. I want him to be able to tell people he is honored to have me as his mom and I will strive to be that kind of person. Will you? Lets all try to be the complimenter, the forgiver, and the selfless example for others around us.
No comments:
Post a Comment