Saturday, February 19, 2011

update on Jax

Thank all of you for your comments, thoughts and prayers. I am happy to say that Jax is doing better! The prize box is working so-so, not near as well as I had hoped, but we just keep on truckin. Jax took a nap every day at mom's house last week. He still isn't taking naps at my house on the weekends though. But night time is WAY better. We started saying our prayers again. I don't know what happened that we stopped, but we started it back. I really think Jax just needs time to chill and get some stuff off his mind before he can go to sleep. So I say a prayer, daddy says a prayer and then Jax says about 10 prayers. He prays for everything separately and it is very very sweet but it takes a good 5-10 minutes. We don't rush him but we usually do tell him after a few that the next one is the last one with all of us and then if he needs to pray some more he can after daddy and I leave the room. Since we started this he hasn't called us back in there ONCE. It's really nice to not fight him on this. As far as nap time goes at my house...well. I think he knows I am done fighting so he just stays up and plays. He is quite, he stays in his room for the most part and then he is horrible after about 5pm. and the poop issue...still an issue, but I just decided we can't fix everything in a week so I will take what I get and be happy with it. I know he will do it eventually, and we pray every night that he will learn to sho-sho in the potty and take good naps. he prays the he will be able to too. I also have tried to be very encouraging. At night I tell him , "thank you so much for being such a good boy and going right to sleep." This seems to help too, to encourage and thank him for something BEFORE he actually does it. I hope some of the things that are working for me will work for you too. God Bless,

No comments: