Sunday, June 27, 2010

i scared

Last night after I put Jax to bed I was feeding Lauryn and getting ready to put her to bed so I could snuggle up with my book when all of a sudden the entire house went pitch black. After about 2 seconds Jax was crying "I scared momma" I called my mom and dad cause Gabe was in Dumas (of course) and started trying to figure out what the heck was going on! I called my neighbor who told me that earlier in the day there were sparks flying from the transformer outside our houses. The electrical company had been kind enough to tell her they were going to kill the power for a few minutes but didn't think it necessary to share the info with me! well after the power came back on Jax wouldn't go back to bed. he would just stand in his doorway and shake and say "i scared momma it dark" His night light had gone off and his humidifier and it really freaked the little guy out! Even though everything was back to normal he was scared it was going to happen again. So after 3 attempts to put him to bed and then having to put lolo back to bed cause he woke her up I decided to just put him in my bed. Jax has NEVER slept in our bed....except for those few hours when we had that big bad rain storm. So after I got Lauryn back to sleep for like the 5th time I came to bed with Jax (by this time its 11:00) I laid down and Jax patted my shoulder, stroked my face and then held my chin in his hand until he fell asleep. How sweet! Then he turned side ways and kicked and hit me all night long! Not Sweet! I kinda enjoyed having my little man next to me all night, but also understand why he must always sleep in his bed!

1 comment:

Snuzi said...

Adorable! I love when James snuggles in bed with me. I've never let him sleep all night though. I'm too greedy with my sleep.