Thursday, April 22, 2010

I feel like there isn't much to blog about lately! I am still on leave with sweet Lauryn..we have had some ups and downs, but are settling into more of a routine and things are some what easier. I feel like every week its something new. First it was breastfeeding, I almost gave up because it was hurting so bad and she wanted to eat so much! So much in fact that she gained almost a pound by the time we went back to the dr for her 2 week check. Dr M said she must have had a growth spurt! Then that day we found out she has a milk protein intolerance...which Jaxson had as well. I started to cut out milk from my diet (milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, etc) but noticed it wasn't helping so I had to get super strict and cut out casein and whey too( a milk product) Incase you don't know this is in EVERYTHING! Just look at your nutrition labels and you will be amazed at what I can't eat. I mostly can eat meat, veggies, fruit and ummmmm strawberry jello :)
Lauryn is better now, except this week she started refluxing to the point that she would loose her breath. She is starting to sleep a little more during the night, in fact last night she went 5 hours between feedings, which means I got 4 whole hours of un-interrupted sleep! It was bliss!
Jaxson is potty training with a vengeance! I decided I was done with diapers whether he was not not! so for 2 days now we have been in big boy undies only and have only had 2 accidents. Cross your fingers! He is doing really well!


I should get Lauryn's birth announcements in any day now and will get those mailed out so everyone can see how beautiful she is! Jax is still doing really well with her except when he decides I should be holding him and not her. Then he tells me "baby Lauryn night night momma" "Lauryn lay down momma" sometimes its really difficult, but my mom is the biggest blessing I could ask for and helps me with them both every day


Here is Jax in his big boy undies....he is so proud of them!

He will kill for that one some day!

1 comment:

Snuzi said...

what a big boy! So adorable!