Saturday, March 13, 2010

sooner than later

Last Monday I was in the hospital for about 4 hours having contractions. yikes! I never had any pre-labor stuff with Jaxs and when they started (along with some other things that made me call the doctor) I went into panic mode! When we got to the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitor I started really paying attention to the contractions and they were every 2 minutes. I was freaking out...our car seat was still in the attic, I don't have a breast pump yet, I didn't have any newborn diapers yet and the list goes on and on. well after watching me for 2 hours they checked me and I hadn't dilated so they said "I guess we will call them "Braxton Hicks" they did a urine sample and said I had a UTI and maybe that was what was causing the contractions. So I had to chug some water (to hydrate me) and wait for them to slow down...which they did, and they sent me home. I went to see the Dr Wednesday for my weekly apt and the first thing she said when she walked in the room was "you really think your gonna make it to the 1st?" I chuckled and said "No, do you" and she of course said "no not really!" so I decided if I am not gonna make it to the 1st anyway I would rather have the whole thing planned like you are supposed to anyway with a repeat c-section. We scheduled the section for March 23rd at noon. I am fine with not having my April baby as long as she is healthy! I really do think this little girl is gonna be big. Maybe its because I haven't gained much weight this pregnancy(12#'s total) and its all stomach, but she is really making me uncomfortable! I don't remember being this awkward with Jax. I don't remember almost passing out just trying to put my socks and shoes on, I don't remember when he had the hiccups it visibly shaking my whole stomach, and I definitely never felt him down on my bladder and up in my ribs at the same time! So I think it probley is a good thing to take her at 39 weeks cause every day she's in there the bigger she is going to get! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, Gabe is going to Lubbock the 25th to take his CPAT for Lubbock and I will still be in the hospital. My mom is going to take care of Jax and stay with me at the hospital the night before Gabe's test so he can get a good nights sleep. We will likely go home late on the 25th or the morning of the 26th. Yes, we got the car seat out of the attic....its still not in the car yet though and I bought some newborn diapers today! I can't believe this is my last week of work and that she will be here in just 10 days! I am so ready to see what she looks like, and see what Jax thinks of "baby sista" I will post pics as soon as possible!

2 comments:

Libby said...

yay! can't wait to see pictures!

Melanie Lyons said...

YAY! Let me know if there is anything I need to do! Will definitely plan on bringing you food when you get home. Love ya!