Remember how I thought she was gonna be HUGE? NOPE she was 6#10 oz and 19 1/2 inches long.
Remember how we thought she flipped breech? NOPE she was just really happy up in my ribs....in fact during the c-section every time the Dr got a hold of her she jumped back up into my ribs....Dr. Appel called for the vacuum....have you ever heard of such a thing on a c-section....not me! And I am very anti-vacuum...seen some bad results in nursing school. So I was telling Gabe no vacuum and then I heard Dr. Appel say "never mind Apryl she heard us she's coming down." Finally there she was! Every one's first response was "she's a big girl!" and "Look at that hair!" I was thinking oh my goodness what does she look like? Then they weighed her and Dr. Appel said "are you sure she's just 6-10? she looks bigger than that!" But she wasn't she just had some chubby cheeks!
Its amazing how much they change just in the first 24 hours
She is a wonderful baby, she doesn't really cry...just makes noises, and she is not phased one bit by Jaxson swinging a baseball bat in the house and yelling "Home Run" Which is a good thing cause she had to get used to it some time right!
We are having a wonderful time at home. My mom is such a God-send. She has been taking Jax in the afternoons for nap time so I can sleep and Gabe can still mow some of his yards. I love my parents so much and don't know what I would do without them!
Gabe has been cooking and cleaning and having some precious quality time with Jax, which I think they both needed. I am so thankful the weather has been nice because we have been outside playing baseball every night! Not much has changed around here, except I have a small infant attached to me the majority of the time! Life is wonderful and I couldn't ask for anything more! Our family is complete!
No comments:
Post a Comment