Tuesday, August 18, 2009

surgery

Well, we have decided to go ahead and schedule Jaxson for tubes. After discussing what the ENT found at the visit with our pediatrician she really encouraged us to go ahead and do it. I mean honestly if his ear drums haven't moved since May, the chances of that changing in 4 weeks in slim to none. So we will be having tubes placed on Tuesday the 25th. It is a very simple procedure and takes all of about 2 minutes to actually do the surgery, it takes them longer to get him back and set up than to perform it! That doesn't mean that I am not anxious about it as well as bummed that Jaxson has to go through this, but we want what is best for him and this seems to be it. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

I would also like to share with you about a friend of mine whose name is Celene. Celene just found out last week that she has a brain tumor. She has no insurance and doesn't qualify for emergency medicaid because she is a US citizen...ridiculous I know. She is scheduled for surgery Wednesday the 26th and I ask that you pray for her health and the surgery as well as the financial aspect of having to pay for an $80,000 procedure, a few days in ICU and then a few more on the floor at the hospital. Celene is a wonderful, Godly woman who has totally turned this situation over to God and trusts him fully to take care of her. Join me in agreeing with her in prayer and petition.