First it was the binkie addiction and just when we decided to try to break that habit he forms a new one....and it's not like I can transition from one bad habit to the other because if he has his blankie he needs his binkie if he has his binkie he needs his blankie......geeesh! Everyone thinks it is SOOOO cute, but I was adamant that he is not going to be one of those kids that carries a blanket around everywhere he goes........so I got on line today to find him a much smaller taggie blanket so he CAN carry the dang thing around and not tear up his bed time blanket. I know I'm a softy, but I figured it could be worse.....right?
Jaxson also has an obsession for throwing things in the trash (and taking things out...but thats a different story!) So lately I have been putting the trash can on top of the counter to keep him out of it. When we got home tonight it was in its usual place on the floor. Jaxson had pulled his wipes out of the diaper bag to "clean his face" and when he was done he promptly went to the trash to throw it away...smart kid right. So I think nothing of hearing the lid flap closed until he comes in the living room, grabs his stuffed animals and walks back into the kitchen and I hear another slap of the trash can lid. This is what I found
Three stuffed animals, a baseball and a burp rag had found a new home....and he was so proud of himself! (Luckily I had just emptied the trash, and I had just cleaned it with that Clorox's anywhere spray...whew)
Jaxson follows commands very well now (when he wants to) and answers you with a shake of the head and a "uh-hu" so after I dug all his toys out of the trash he started to have a break down (those are more frequent to) so I said "Jaxson are you ready for night night?" and the little snot went and got his blanket, said "uh hu" and walked into his room.
Gesh....I can't believe how fast they grow up. wonder where that wet wipe ended up anyway...
1 comment:
That cracks me up he puts stuff in the trash. I'm sure its not very funny to you though. It was nice to see you guys at Jacob's party. You looked great!
Post a Comment