Saturday, March 28, 2009

love/hate relationship

I LOVE the snow. I love it even more when it is enough to shut everything down so you are forced to just chill with your family. Now, however, I have a reason to hate it. Friday, Gabe was on shift at the fire dept in Dumas. Because the weather was going to be so bad, he had to leave Thursday night to be able to make it. Now this morning he is supposed to be home but all the roads surrounding Dumas are closed until 4pm. He called about 8:45 and said he was going to try to make it any way using the whole "I'm a firefighter and I need to get back to town" routine. I hope it works, on the other hand, I want him to be safe and if that means being stuck in Dumas til the roads clear, then so be it! He's been gone since Thursday night around 10pm and we miss him! It's times like these when I am reminded that I will NEVER be a single mom. Jaxson keeps going "Dada?" poor baby! Jaxson is mesmerized with the snow. He hates not being able to go outside but asks about 20 times a day to just go look. So we open the door and just stare...sometimes he gets brave and bends down to touch it. He will whisper "snow" .....at least I think he is :~) he also whispers "outside".....at least mom swears he does!

No comments: