Its been almost a month since I have had a chance to blog and Jaxson almost needs another haircut! With the holidays, work, and chasing around this little stinker I haven't had any time to update all of you in blogger land.
Jaxson is pulling up on everything and starting to try to cruise...he still is scared to move those feet but if you take one hand he's off! He is spending the days proving to me what a boy he is: for example, he knows exactly what button on the DVR changes the channel and when your not looking (or even if you are, he's too fast for you to catch any way) he crawls right up to the box, changes the channel and then looks back at you with that devilish grin. Some how he always manages to end up on the pay per view channel and it usually is advertising "girls gone wild" or some stupid show like that. geesh! When we go into the office he can sit and play with Gabe's controls for the X-box until he sees that beckoning blue light on the computer and before you know it he's turned the computer off and is back to playing with the remotes!
Many of you know that Jaxson had a milk protein allergy when he was born and has been on special formula since about 2 weeks of age. Well we have tried cheese and he has done great so far so we should do fine on whole milk here in just a few weeks when he turns a YEAR OLD! wow I can't even believe it!
At Thanksgiving Jaxson had a little taste of stuffing and some cranberry sauce...don't know if he liked it or not cause he always makes that "what the heck mom" face when he tastes something new! We are having a hard time eating all together now because Jaxson wants our food instead of his! I am trying to keep him on baby food as long as I can so I know he is eating healthy and then of course I have to give him a taste of what we are eating just to see how he does...its so much fun to see him experience new things!
This week we started attempting to teach Jaxson to fall asleep on his own. He was perfectly fine before he got sick with the vomiting and every since then he will only take naps in your arms or in the car seat while driving(we have no problems at night he sleeps about 10 hours). So I spoke with his pediatrician and she said "let him cry himself to sleep" not what I wanted to hear, but I knew it deep down already! So yesterday he cried for about 40 min before falling to sleep both naps and today he was so worn out mom said he only fussed 15 minutes before falling fast asleep. So yes, it will work and I am so excited about having standard naps times and being able to actually do something without stopping every 30 seconds to make sure he's not eating cat food, pulling plugs out of the wall, eating leaves that float in from the garage door or chasing the cats under the bed.......*sigh*
Christmas 2019
6 years ago
1 comment:
Glad the cheese thing is going well! Gives me hope...
Post a Comment